What Are The Benefits and How Can It Help?
Chiropractic care removes subluxations from the nervous system to let the body heal itself and function optimally. Subluxations are a joint segment that is essentially not moving properly. Sometimes it is referred to as a joint restriction, joint stiffness, or a misalignment. Subluxations may interfere with nerve signal transmission from brain and spinal cord to the rest of your body which may affect the function of muscles, organs and other parts of body. Using a simple example: a running garden hose that is slightly stepped on will still have flowing water, but it will not be 100% of its capability. This is the same idea with interference to your nerve signals going to vital parts of your body.
Subluxations, often times, don’t cause pain, so you may not know you have any. This is because subluxations cause “noxious stimuli” to the nervous system. Only 20% of this “tissue damaging event” is perceived as pain.
Patients around the world use Chiropractic for natural pain relief, but many use Chiropractic to promote and complement an overall healthy lifestyle. Other benefits of Chiropractic care…
Illness | Stress | Insomnia | Anxiety
Depression | Dependence on medication | Injuries
Poor posture | Recovery time | Inflammation
Health | Sleep quality | Mental focus | Well-being
Immunity | Circulatory system | Digestive system | Mobility
Strength | Reaction times | Nutrient flow | Tissue regeneration
There are 5 components of a subluxation…
1) Bone/Joint Dysfunction (kinesiopathology) - improper movement/biomechanics of a joint or a joint that is undergoing degeneration
2) Nerve dysfunction (neuropathology) – pressure, irritation or interference of a nerve
3) Muscle dysfunction (myopathology) – spasm, tightness or other muscle dysfunction that may be caused by nerve and joint issues
4) Histopathology (cellular dysfunction) – increase cells that cause inflammation and other chemical mediators
5) Pathophysiology – accumulative effect of previous 4 that can cause adhesions, fibrosis, scar tissue, and degeneration to the joints and intervertebral discs